Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Books and Long Weekends (and Piracy)

One thing I love about long weekends: reading time! I read lots of books this weekend - finished Clockwork Angel, read Flawless and Perfect and The Wednesday Wars, and started Fever Crumb - and it was really nice. Ordinarily I probably wouldn't have read quite that much, but I was a little bit sick (yay for going through half a box of tissues in a day, by yourself) and so I wasn't going anywhere. And the reading time was really, really nice.

One thing I do not love about long weekends: teachers decide to make up for them with lots of extra work all at the same time. It may be a while before I can finish Fever Crumb.

One thing that is special about today: book release! Firelight by Sophie Jordan hits shelves today, which is one that I'm very excited about. I've seen lots of ARC reviews of Firelight and it looks awesome - I can't wait to read it!



Finally, one issue that I think matters a lot: e-piracy. It's not cool, you guys. Don't do it! Illegally downloading books --> authors do not get paid for those books --> authors do not write more books --> we do not get to read more books. Plus, there's the whole thing about it being illegal. Illegal = bad. Kristi at The Story Siren wrote about it a lot more eloquently than that. You should check out her post on the subject.

Happy Tuesday! And because I don't think I ended up posting this yesterday, happy belated Labor Day!

~Becky

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've given you the One Lovely Blog Award!

    You can check it out here:

    http://brazilianbookworm.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete