Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (It's Back!)

Well, actually I suppose it was never gone. Jill at Breaking the Spine has continued to host Waiting on Wednesday during the last few weeks. I just haven't posted one in a while. But never fear! I have a WoW pick this week.


This week I'm waiting on Rosebush by Michele Jaffe. I absolutely adored the other books I've read by this author (Bad Kitty and Kitty Kitty), so although I think this one is in a bit of a different vein, I'm still excited to read it. Here's the description from Goodreads:

Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit and run.


Everyone thinks it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface--not just from the party, but from deeper in her past...including the night her best friend Bonnie died.


With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she is forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

***


Murder mystery + author that I've liked before = happy Becky. (Yay for non-math math!) Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this one! Rosebush comes out December 14 of this year. I'll be looking for it then!


What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author before, but this one sounds great. I'll be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was between this novel and the one I choose for my Wow pick this week. Rosebush looks incredible! I love the cover and the description is really intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW Pick

    ReplyDelete